This method is also one of the most common methods used by Fiberglass sculpture factories:
(1) Before the clay sculpture is turned over, the block part is established first. Under the premise of not affecting the front shape, the general position is preferably the height of the side centerline, so as to prevent the subsequent mold from being misplaced and easy to take the mud.
(2) The selected insert material is a thin iron or plastic backing plate, cut into a trapezoid with a width of about 2cm. Insert into the mud, pay attention to alignment and leveling, then enclose the strip on the edge of the insert, which is convenient When the split mold is opened, the position of the insert is discriminated against, and the take-out insert can be clamped with pliers.
(3) Prepare the plastic basin, first place the clean water (the ratio of Fiberglass powder to water is about 100:80), and then sprinkle the Fiberglass powder evenly. After the Fiberglass fully absorbs the water, gently stir it, mix and mix thoroughly to avoid Produce agglomeration.
(4) Fiberglass will generally condense after 5 to 15 minutes, so to control the time, the finely tuned Fiberglass slurry can be swayed by hand to the clay, starting from the front. When smashing the glass slag, blow it while blowing to prevent the generation of bubbles. Such layers are chic to the required thickness, generally about 1.5 cm. For sculptures with large volume, the thickness can be appropriately increased.
(5) When sprinkling the glass-reinforced plastic pulp, it is necessary to prevent uneven thickness and affect the strength of the mold. To do this, we must know the height of the statue. The more the height of the statue, the more attention should be paid to it, because the high point of Fiberglass is not easy to hang on the pulp, it is easy to be thin, the thickness is basically in place, the outside Reinforced with wooden sticks and hemp, this is to prevent the Fiberglass mold from breaking when the mold is opened. From the top to the bottom when opening the mold, use a non-sharp knife to insert into the gap at the block, and a small amount of water adding module is easy to lose.
(6) After the mold is opened, the mud is excavated, the scaffold of the sculpture is taken out, the inner wall of the mold is washed with water, and then soapy water is used as a release agent (lubricant). After the glass fiber mold is dried, the mold is closed, and the glass mold is adhered to and bundled outside the mold.
(7) Prepare the glass-reinforced plastic pulp, mix it evenly according to the proportion, fill it into the mold, and pay attention to even shaking when pouring into the Fiberglass outer mold, so that the Fiberglass is evenly attached to the mold. Generally, the thickness of the inner mold is 1 to 1.5 cm. At the neck position, hemp wool can be thickened with a glass fiber reinforced plastic to increase the strength. At the bottom or some thinner places, you can use brown fiber immersed in glass fiber reinforced plastic to reinforce. After the inner mold is finished, after the whole mold is solidified, the flat mold can be used to hit the outer mold. When the chisel is cut, it can start from the unimportant place behind it. Then moved to the face and nose, the outer molds all hit, the internal model image is presented.