Step 1: Design and mold
The glass fiber reinforced plastic sculpture needs to be coated with the surface of the gel coat. Because the gel coat has self-leveling properties, the gel coat layer has a certain leveling effect under the action of external tension during curing. Under this condition, it is not suitable for a fine texture. These should be considered when designing, and the shape of the Fiberglass Lego sculpture is generally not particularly complicated. At the plastic film stage, you can choose 3D printing or foam engraving.
Step 2: Manufacturing of Fiberglass
Fiberglass Lego sculptures are manufactured by hand lay-up. Before manufacturing, it will start from the perspective of easy molding and demolding according to the shape characteristics of the sculpture, and the mold can be synthesized into several units and turned. According to this, unit products are formed, and then they are combined into a whole. Finally, the glass fiberglass Lego sculpture is treated and painted as a whole. At this stage, several grinding and polishing processes are required. The most advanced degree of refinement plays a vital role.
The third step: mold manufacturing
Mold manufacturing is the key to forming Fiberglass Lego sculptures. Fiberglass Lego sculpture molds are manufactured using plaster or foam. One of the better manufacturing methods for Fiberglass sculpture molds is to use silicone rubber and Fiberglass materials to make molds.
The detailed mold manufacturing method is: apply the prepared silicone rubber to the original mold several times, and the silicone rubber layer should be more than 1mm. After the silicone rubber is crosslinked, a glass fiber reinforced plastic layer having a thickness of about 3 mm is formed on the silicone rubber. After the Fiberglass is cured, the entire mold is cut along the divided unit blocks. When cutting, pay attention to cutting the Fiberglass layer and the silicone rubber layer at the same time.
The connecting ribs are manufactured between the unit blocks, and a bit groove should be set at the connecting ribs to ensure that the unit block mold is combined into a whole through the connecting ribs.
After the above work is completed, the Fiberglass unit block is demolded, and then the silicone rubber layer is removed, and the removed silicone rubber block is immediately returned to the Fiberglass unit mold.
Dust removal of the original mold → silicone rubber preparation → silicone rubber layer manufacturing → fiberglass reinforced plastic layer manufacturing → mold splitting → link rib manufacturing → release and assembly mold.
Step 4: Polishing
1. The surface of the embryo is not ground properly or the yellow wax is not sufficiently treated, which results in the layering, cracking and falling of the atomic ash and glass fiber reinforced plastic products in the later stage.
2. The surface repair is not detailed enough, the time is not enough, the surface is uneven, there are sand holes, and even the dead corner is not repaired. As a result, product grade is greatly reduced. This process is also a key step in cost consumption. The surface repair is not delicate enough and the labor cost is lower. After the surface treatment is detailed, the product cost directly rises.
3. Primer: The workshop-type method uses one primer or even no primer. (A factory in Guangzhou is shipping fast, that is, no primer.) The primer must be sprayed repeatedly and repaired details two to three times. Only check if the product details are in place. Atomic ash: It should be repaired with special ash for automobiles or Fiberglass.
4. Water grinding: More than 90% of the factories in the country do not carry out the water grinding process because everyone has not considered the reduction of fine particles on the surface of the product after water grinding, and the surface is sprayed with fine paint.
5. After all, this is done, pass the quality inspection and pass the inspection before finally entering the paint workshop.
Step 5: Surface paint:
1. Material selection for paint: Most factories use furniture paint, PU paint, and indoor paint. They are all lied to be automotive paints for outdoor use. They will not stand the test of time: a series of problems such as color fading, white yellowing, paint cracking, and peeling are exposed. Normally, an international brand or a domestic brand with a good reputation should be selected for operation. Such as international: DuPont in the United States, PPG in Japan, Aksu in the UK, domestic: Giraffe, China Resources, Zijinhua, and other brands. Boyu sculpture company uses Japanese PPG paint (same paint as Guangzhou Honda and Toyota)
2. Process: The surface paint is not saturated enough, there are many color separation burrs, the color separation lines are not smooth, the surface color is not pure, and the surface varnish is not enough. All are the requirements of the factory itself, the positioning of the market and products. Pave the way for the future’s influence in the future of the industry.